Search

Google

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sky Diving Over New Zealand

Yup, I'd rather be doing that than this. Moving! After several years of enjoying the "lifestyle" in the Reno-Lake Tahoe region, my wife and I are relocating back to San Francisco for work related reasons. We've decided to keep the house in some weird attempt to stay connected to the area, but truth be told...I'm glad to be back. Back where there is action and energy. I love the mountains and the spirit of the mountain men and women...hardy, appreciative, genunine and huggy. But, I miss the traffic, the long hours, the deals, the congestion. How sick is that? Well....I also miss the restaurants, the intelligence, the creativity and the money. Fine, I admit it, I miss the money and the deals. Did I say I missed the reataurants? Having worked in NYC and San Francisco, I may be more of a city person than I thought. But the move.

Time to purge the junk that comes with owning a large home. How many CRT monitors does one really need to have in the garage? The bigger the home...the more stuff you have. The smaller the home, fewer things are needed. I like that. Small, simple, less stuff. This makes sense. So, there is good to come from this. But the planning and logistical nightmare that comes with moving and purging isn't enjoyable. The fact is, moving sucks. So, that's why I would rather be skydiving over NZ than preparing to move. Stay tuned...

No comments: